September 10, 2015

Various and Sundry

  • Now that election season is ramping up, it seems pertinent to remind everyone that your vote doesn't count. Seriously. Voting in a national election is a complete waste of time (link).
  • To those who say, "If you don't vote, you can't complain."  I say, "Au contraire. It's you voters who have no right to complain." (link)
  • I'll probably vote anyway. Just to show some solidarity with a third-party candidate (link).
  • Carly Fiorina is no political outsider. While CEO of HP she colluded with the NSA (link). She's been hovering around the edges of the neocon establishment for years.
  • Apparently, Donald Trump is clueless about foreign policy (link). I'm not sure if that makes him better or worse than the other GOP candidates. They know a bit about foreign policy. The problem is so much of what they know is wrong. 
  • It seems Dispensationalism is at least partly to blame for the IMB's fiscal irresponsibility (link).
  • They don't hate us for our freedom. They hate us because our government is constantly sticking its nose in their business (link). 
  • In the battle of Trump vs. Carson (link, link), I'm hoping for mutually assured destruction. Though, I'll admit I'm starting to see Carson as the lesser of these two evils.
  • Don't get me wrong. Carson seems like a nice guy, and I don't necessarily doubt his Christian profession (despite the fact that he's a member of the heterodox SDA sect). It's just that I don't think he understands the proper application of Christian ethics in the public square. If he did, he'd be a Reformed Libertarian like yours truly. 
  • While I'm at it, the above goes for Mike Huckabee as well. Seems like a nice guy. Don't doubt that he's a believer. Terribly misunderstands the proper application of Christian ethics to political and social issues (hint: Matthew 7:12). Also, he may be the biggest fascist (link) in the GOP primary race.
  • I thank you, God, that I am not like BuzzFeed. Oh, wait. . . (link)
  • Not everyone who holds to a theologically conservative position on gender roles is necessarily a complementarian (link). 
  • Does anyone else really miss Lost? I know it kinda fell apart in the last couple of seasons, but it was good TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow by Email

Support C&C by Using One of Our Amazon Associate Links