March 11, 2015

What Does God's Voice Sound Like?

"And then, I felt God speak to me and say. . . "

"Hold on there. God spoke to you? What does his voice sound like?"

"Well, uh. . . . You see, it's not like that. I didn't actually hear anything."

"Wait a sec. . . . I thought you said God spoke to you."

"Yes, that's right."

"I must be missing something. God spoke, but you didn't hear anything? If you didn't hear anything then how do you know that God was speaking?"

"When God speaks, you don't hear anything. When you feel it, you just know."

"You keep saying feel. I thought we were talking about God speaking. You say you felt something, but you didn't actually hear anything. It seems to me, then, that you're not actually describing speech of any kind."

"Well, that's not how it works when God speaks."

"So, when God speaks, he doesn't actually speak? That's not how it works in the Bible. That's not how it works when anyone speaks. There's no speech without speaking."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Follow by Email

Support C&C by Using One of Our Amazon Associate Links